Vacancy Announcement in USAID Department of Education and Literacy Department for the Position of Chief of Party National Position in Government of Sindh 1st September 2016.
Chemonics seeks a Pakistani Chief of Party (national position) for USAID-funded Sindh Reading Program (SRP)
for more information at: www.pesb.gos.pk/sindh
SRP is a five-year initiative supporting the Department of Education and Literacy Department Government of Sindh to address critical issues in early-grade reading through continuous teacher’s professional development, improving assessment, and distributing supplementary materials.
- Chief of Party
Duty Station: Karachi
The Chief of Party will be responsible for providing overall technical guidance and management leadership for the Sindh Reading Program. He/ She will serve as the primary liaison with USAID Pakistan on management and technical matters and collaborate with other high-level stakeholders. He/ She will plan, organize, and supervise overall technical activities and ensure sustainability of program objectives and goals. He/she is expected to ensure the quality of an integrated technical approach that leads to SRP impact and effectiveness across the project_ The chief of party provides effective oversight of the program contract and budget requirements, and ensures excellent management of cost, schedule, and quality results
- Master’s degree in education policy, planning, curriculum development, teacher professional development, or other relevant technical held required; Ph.D. or Ed.D. degree preferred
- Minimum 15 years of demonstrated experience managing or providing technical expertise to programs of a similar sire and scope required, including at least 5 years in a management or a similar leader-ship position
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the education sector, preferably in similar development contexts to Pakistan, required
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in early grade reading, non-formal education, capacity development, teacher professional development, and systems strengthening highly preferred
- Professional proficiency and fluency in written and spoken English required; proficiency in Sindhi or Urdu required
Please email a CV, letter of interest„ and three references with contact information to ChemonicsSRP@gmail.com no later than September 7th, 2016. Please write “SRP Chief of Party” in the subject line.
- Demonstrated experience of dealing with government counterparts on policy level
|VACANT POSITIONS/POSTS/JOB TITLE:|
- Chief of Party
|FREQUENT DETAILS/DESCRIPTION ABOUT THIS JOB:|
||Please read carefully in above given Newspaper Ad.|
||Last Date to Apply: 07-09-2016
||Dawn Newspaper, 1st September 2016.|