UET Lahore Scholarships for PH.D. Abroad Under FDP 2016 Apply Online, UET Lahore University of Engineering And Technology Lahore, Scholarships for PH.D. Abroad Under Faculty Development Programme (FDP) 2016.
Applications are invited from Pakistani nationals domiciled in Punjab Province for the award of Ph.D. scholarships at top 200 universities of the World in the fields mentioned below. The selection of the candidates will be made purely on merit considering their academic achievements and teaching aptitude. Candidates selected for the award of scholarships will be offered Faculty positions at the UET Main (LHR), Kala Shah Kaku (KSK), Faisalabad (FSD), RCET Campus, Gujranwala and Narowal (NWL) Campuses. The scholarship awardee will be required to serve University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore and its Campuses as faculty member for the period of minimum 5 years after completion of the Ph.D. Study.
The scholarship will cover monthly stipend, one time return air fare and bench fee/administrative fee of the university. The scholars will be required to secure admission in universities having no fee or minimum bench fee. However, due to high tuition fee and other costs, universities in UK, USA, Canada and Australia will be examined on case to case basis.
The scholarships are available in the following disciplines & Campuses:
- Industrial & Manufacturing (LHR)
- Mechatronics & Control Engg. (LHR)
- Civil Engineering (NWL)
- Environmental Engg. (LHR)
- Pet & Gas Engineering (LHR)
- Transportation Engg. & Management (LHR)
- Chemical Engineering (KSK)
- Computer Sciences (FSD)
- Metallurgical & Materials Engg. (LHR)
- Bio-Medical Engineering (KSK)
- Architecture (LHR)
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
- The applicants should be Punjab Domiciled.
- The candidates must have minimum (18) eighteen years of education (MS/M.Phil.) in the relevant field.
- The candidate must have a first division (in annual examination system) or CGPA 3.00 out of 4.0 or 4.0 out of 5.0 in the final degree.
- Maximum two second divisions throughout the academic.
- Maximum age on closing date: (i) 40 years for full time regular faculty members of public universities/ colleges and employees of public sector R&D organizations.(ii) 35 years for all others.
- The applicants must have passed the GAT test of NTS or conducted by University/HEC with at least 60 marks. However, for studies at the universities in USA, GRE International test shall also be required.
- The candidates must have acquired requisite qualification before the closing date of application.
- Candidates are required to submit a 1000 words research proposal along with application form.
Terms and Conditions:
- The selection shall be made through the interviews conducted by the Selection Board of UET Lahore.
- The selected candidates shall serve as Lecturer at the campus of the UET against which they will be selected for Faculty Development Programme.
- Consequent upon completion of their Ph.D. the candidates will be inducted as Assistant Professors under Tenure Track System, in any of the campuses of UET Lahore.
- The candidates shall be required to follow all the codal formalities before leaving for higher studies abroad.
- The candidates who are already availing any other scholarships including HEC, University/ DAls, Departmental are not eligible to apply.
- Registration with Pakistan Engineering Council is mandatory for engineering programs. The Selection Board will consider all applications received and when necessary interview such candidates as it considers prime-facie most suitable for appointment.
- Selection Board’s decision in this regard shall be final.
- Incomplete or applications received after the due date shall not be considered.
- No T.A. /D.A. will be paid for the interview.
- Only short listed candidates will be called for interviews.
- Candidates who are already serving in Government/Semi-Government/Autonomous organizations should apply through proper channel accompanied by NOC from employer.
Submission of on-line Applications:
- Visit the web-site: jobs.uet.edu.pk.
- Fill out the relevant fields of online application.
- Upload passport size scanned photograph.
- Print the application duly completed in all respect and sign it.
- Attach bank draft/postal order amounting to Rs.500/- (non-refundable) and other required documents with the printout of application.
- Submit the complete set of application along with attested copy of CNIC, Two page CV/resume, educational documents, experience certificate and GAT/GRE score to Registrar on or before 02.2016 (Last Date).
Muhammad Asif (Registrar),Phone Number: 042-99029227
Reference: Ad Published in Express Newspaper.
- faculty development program uet lahore