Split & Indigenous PhD Scholarships in IUB (Islamia University Bahawalpur) under HEC Funded PSDP Project
Applications are invited for the award of 5 Split and 5 Indigenous (Local) PhD Scholarships under HEC funded PSDP project “Strengthening of Existing Departments at the Islamia University of Bahawalpur” in the following disciplines from Pakistani & AJK nationals,
- Computer System Engineering (2-Split)
- Civil Engineering (2-Split)
- Management Sciences (1 -Split and 1-lndigenous)
- Computer Sciences (2-lndigenous)
- Commerce (2-lndigenous)
Split PhD program will involve 2 year Local and 2 year Foreign Study under MOU of a LocalUniversity with some Foreign University. The selected candidates will be offered full-time facultypositions in the above mentioned teaching departments in the Islamia University of Bahawalpur. Serving faculty members and already enrolled PhD students at IUB are also eligible to apply for these scholarships.
1. Minimum 16 years of education in relevant discipline from a HEC recognized
university/institution with first division in the last degree and not less than 50% marks in theentire academic career.
2. The candidate must have qualified NTS-GAT (general/subject) with minimum of 50% marks (accumulative) or has qualified the lntemational GRE.
3. Maximum age limit should be 35 years and relaxable to 40 years only for regular
employees of the public sector university/DAls and R&D institutions. The age will be
calculated on the closing date of the applications.
4. For Split PhD scholarship, candidate will have to register himself/herself at a local Pakistani University, having an institutional linkage for such program with an lntemational University.
5. Applicants who have already secured admission for Split PhD programme in the specified
discipline in any of the HEC recognized universities will be given preference.
6. Candidate already availing HEC or any other scholarship are not eligible.
1. All scholarships will be awarded on open merit basis as per HEC criteria.
2. Awardee of the scholarships will not be paid salaries during study period. However in-service faculty members of IUB will be eligible for study leave with average pay as per University/Government rules.
3. All the selected candidates shall be required to furnish personal guarantee equal to theamount of scholarship along with other documents as deemed necessary by the IUB and abond that they will report to Islamia University, Bahawalpur & HEC and will serve IUB for five years after completion of the studies or in lieu thereof shall refund the entire amount to be determined by the IUB.
4. ln-service candidates should apply through proper channel accompanied by NOC
(Advanced copies will not be entertained).
5. The University reserves the right to postpone or cancel the Scholarships process at any stage, before the final selection, without assigning any reason(s).
6. All the statues, rules/regulation of IUB & HEC and decisions of the Selection
Board/Syndicate will be applicable, as amended from time to time.
7. lncom plete and late application will not be entertained.
1. Application forms are available on IUB website www.iub.edu.pk and may also be obtained from the office of the undersigned. Candidates are requested to submit the application form complete in all respects to the office of Director P&D IUB upto Wednesday, 24 June 2015, with the following documents.
- Attested copies of all educational testimonials, CNIC, domicile and four recent
- Attested copy of valid NTS-GAT/lnternational GRE, score result card.
- Purpose of interest in higher studies (minimum one page).
- Research proposal abstract.
- Original deposit slip of bank draft/challan of Rs. 2000/- as application processing fee in the name of Treasurer IUB.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for Interview.
Director, Planning and Development
The Islamia University of Bahawalpur
Abbasia Campus, Bahawalpur
Phone: 062-9250251, 9250254
- hec need base scholarship iub