State Bank of Pakistan SBP Merit Scholarship Scheme 2017 Employees Benefits Division Apply Online:
Banking Services Corporation GENERAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT: Merit Scholarship Scheme (2016-2017)
Last date to Apply: April 15, 2017
State Bank of Pakistan Banking Services Corporation (SBPBSC) offers financial assistance by way of Merit Scholarship to the talented and meritorious children of its serving/retired/deceased employees (OG-2 and Below) to pursue their studies at Intermediate, Graduate and Post Graduate levels. Merit Scholarships for the year 2016-2017 are now open and Applications on the prescribed Form are invited from the Employees (serving/retired) and spouse/children of deceased employees of SBP BSC (Bank) for grant of “Merit Scholarships” to their children.
SBP Merit Scholarship Scheme 2017 Pros and Cons:
The children of employees (serving/retired/deceased) up to OG-2 level only of SBP BSC (Bank) are eligible for the above Scholarship.
Courses and subjects:
- Intermediate Course
Candidates pursuing Intermediate in Science, Economics Commerce, Computer Science, Information Technology and Diploma of Associate Engineering from a recognized institution are eligible.
- Graduation Course
Candidates pursuing graduation in Science, Commence, Business. Economics, Technical Education, Public Administration, Information Technology, Medical Pharmacy & Engineering. .
- Post Graduation Course
Candidates pursuing Post Graduation in Science, Commerce, Business. Economics, Technical Education, Public Administration, Information Technology, Medicine Pharmacy & Engineering.
The award of Scholarships for Graduation/Post-Graduation courses will be considered for only those students who have taken admission in one of the HEC’s currently recognized University /Degree Awarding Institutions (DAIs).
Quota & Amount for Scholarships:
Study Level Quota Amount (Per Month Rs.)
Intermediate: 120 4500/-
Graduation: 60 6000/-
Post Graduation: No limit 9000/-
Other Eligibility Conditions:
- Children of SBP BSC(Bank) employees( up to OG-2 level) who have passed their last Exams(Matriculation/Intermediate/Graduation) during the Calendar Year 2016 with minimum “B” grades or have obtained at least 60% marks.
- In case of grades mentioned in GPA/CGPA format, the candidates will have to provide marks equivalence certificate from the concerned institution.
- Candidates having passed “A” or ‘0″ level examinations under the Cambridge System are also eligible. Such candidates will have to submit equivalence certificate issued from IBCC Islamabad Pakistan in this regard.
- The candidates must have taken admission in one of the HEC’s currently recognized and Degree Awarding Institution during the calendar year 2016.
- The student in receipt of scholarships from any other institution or the Government are not eligible.
- All scholarships will be awarded strictly in order of merit in accordance with the prescribed quota for each course.
- Only those candidates will be considered for award of scholarship who strictly meet all the eligibility conditions mentioned in this advertisement.
- After the grant of scholarship for a specific course, no substitution of institution will be allowed.
- The scholarship will be withdrawn where student fails or does not appear in the examination.
Application Procedure for SBP Merit Scholarship Scheme:
Interested employees/ex-employees of SBP Banking Services Corporation (Bank) upto OG-2 Cadre or their spouse (in case of deceased employee) whose Children meet the above mentioned eligibility criteria of the Scholarship may apply to the concerned office of State Bank of Pakistan , SBP Banking Services Corporation(Bank) for onward submission to Head Office Karachi latest by April 15, 2017. Application Forms may be obtained either from SBP web site www.sbp.org.pk or from Employees Benefits Unit of General Services Department SBP BSC Head Ofice Karachi.
Mr. Najam Altaf, Senior Joint Director,
General Services Department, SBP-BSC, Head Office, Chundrigar Road, Karachi-74200.