Jobs in PEDO Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development Organization Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan 4th January 2016.
|VACANT POSITIONS/JOB TITLE:|
- Contract Advisor/Consultant
|FREQUENT DETAILS/DESCRIPTION ABOUT THIS JOB:|
The PE-DO intends to engage the services of a Contract Advisor / Consultant for a period of one year (extendable upon performance). The advisor / consultant needs to be well experienced and qualified to comprehensively and justifiably protect the Client’s interest, as per PEC & FIDIC guidelines. Comprehensive experience of contracts (experience of EPC contracts will be preferred) review of hydro energy sector & power sector in Pakistan is a must.
Qualification & Experience Requirement: Academic Qualification: B.Sc. Engineering from a recognized university. Work Experience-. 25 years with 10 years as contract engineer, 2 FIDIC/PEC contracts above US$ 50 million.
Brief Terms of Reference/Scope of Services is given hereunder:
- To review the Consultant’s prepared Bidding Documents and assess their completeness and compliance in light of applicable bylaws.
- To review the Bid Evaluation Reports prepared by the Project Consultants and offer expert opinion on its contents as well as on the Consultant’s recommendations on the award of the bid, keeping in view factors such as compliance with the specified technical criteria, qualifications, responsiveness and ranking.
- Advise on preparation of the summary of evaluation and recommendation for award. .
- Review the project consultant’s evaluation and determination of the contractor’s extension of time claims. Variation orders, additional costs and, offer expel comments and opinion.
- Review all payments and particularly escalation /I de-escalation (Price Adjustment) allowed by Consultants in Interior Payment Certificates (1PCs).
- Review thoroughly the project engineer’s decisions issued in relation to contractual disputes, referred to the engineer by the contractors and offer expert opinion on their merit and basis, in conformance with contract provisions.
- Review the causes of delays and proportionate responsibility of each contractor and the amount of liquidated damage determined by the project consultants.
Individual consultants fulfilling the mentioned criteria may send their applications on the address mentioned within fifteen days after publication of this advertisement. DIRECTOR HR 38-B/2 PEDO House, Phase V Hayatabad, Peshawar. Tel: 091-9219579