Jobs in Ministry of Information, Broadcasting & National Heritage
VACANT POSITION FOR CHAIRMAN PEMRA
Applications are invited for 4 years’ tenure appointment against the position of Chairman, Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) under the administrative control of Ministry of Information, Broadcasting and National Heritage. The position is placed in MP-I Scale in terms of Finance Division’s O.M. No. F.3 (2) R-4/2011, dated 24.12.2012 vis-a-vis salary package, perks and privileges. The said OM is accessible on Finance Division’s website. The salary package, however, is negotiable in case of a candidate of outstanding abilities and /or experience subject to approval of competent authority.
Eligibility & Qualification:
- An eminent professional of known integrity and competence having substantial experience in media, business, management, finance, economics or law in accordance with Section-6(2) of the PEMRA Amendment Act-2007.
- Graduation in (media sciences, business, management, finance, economics, Law) from HEC recognized Pakistani / Foreign University. Foreign degrees shall begot verified from HEC before employment offer.
- Age between 50 to 61 years as on the date of press advertisement in terms of Cabinet Division’s instructions No. 6/12/2007/RA-1 dated 9th October, 2007 — which have notified maximum age of 65 years OR expiry of the tenure (whichever is earlier) for holding the post of Chairman / Chief Executive of Regulatory Authorities.
- Written evidence of 20 years experience in disciplines identified (a —above).
- Government Servants meeting the eligibility criteria may also apply provided they submit an undertaking alongwith their application to resign from their existing employment in case of selection.
The selected candidate will discharge his professional obligations in line with PEMRA Amendment Act-2007 and PEMRA Rules-2009, read with, GOP’s Rules of Business-1973 and other relevant Governance Books.
The selection of candidate will be made in line with the prescribed procedures laid down by the Government of Pakistan in Civil Establishment Code — 2007 (Vol — I : Chapter — 2 : SI. No. 140 – 141 : pages — 213 – 217) which focuses the procedures for appointments in Autonomous Bodies under the Federal Government.
How to apply:
Eligible candidates may apply with a covering application including 3 passport size latest photographs, attested copies of Degrees/Testimonials, proof of experience, Matric Certificate as proof of Date of Birth, CNIC, complete residential address, email, landline/cell phone numbers. Applications complete in all respect (in sealed envelope) should reach the undersigned within 10 days of the publication of this advertisement, at the following address.
No. of Posts with Designation and Academic Qualification and how to Apply: Please read carefully in above given Ad.
Reference : Jang Newspaper 24-08-2015