Higher Education Commission Pakistan HEC Overseas Scholarships June 2017 for PhD Studies against the Project HRDI-UESTP/UETs (Batch-VI) in Selected fields of Study.
Online applications are invited from outstanding Pakistani/ AJK nationals for award of fully funded overseas scholarships in specific disciplines and priority areas having impact on the development of Pakistan. The scholarships are being offered for direct PhD degree in technologically advanced countries under the following Categories/Programmes.
- Medical Sciences
- Engineering & Technology
- Physical Sciences
- Management Sciences & Business Education
- Social Sciences
List of disciplines and countries is available at http://hec.gov.pk/site/hrdiuestp
Eligibility Criteria for HEC Overseas Scholarships:
- Pakistani/ AJK national.
- Candidate must have MS/MPhil or minimum 18 years of qualification for direct PhD programme in relevant disciplines
- Closing date for submission of online applications is June 30, 2017. Candidates must have acquired the above requisite qualifications on or before June 30, 2017
- Applicants can have maximum two second divisions throughout the academic career and no third division.
- Applicants belonging to Engineering & Technology category must have valid registration number issued by Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) or PCATP.
- Applicants belonging to Medical Science category must have valid registration number issued by Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC),PNC or other relevant accreditation councils.
- Maximum age must be 35 years on June 30, 2017. For full time employees of public sector Universities, Colleges and R & D organizations, the maximum age must be 40 years on June 30, 2017.
- The candidates who are already availing any other HEC/Government scholarship are not eligible to apply.
Candidates have to secure minimum 50% or above marks in HEC aptitude test. Test will be conducted by HEC and roll number slips will be provided to eligible applicants two weeks prior to the test.
- All scholarships will be awarded on merit basis as per Federal Government Quota Policy for different regions
- Candidate must have a final degree in the relevant field of study.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their academic record and HEC aptitude test score.
- Only short listed candidates will be called for interview by the relevant country’s team for award of scholarship.
- The awardee will also have to execute a bond with HEC to serve Pakistan, preferably in an Institution of Higher Education (HEI) for a minimum of five years after completion of studies.
- Candidates are required to make sure whether the relevant field of study is being offered in their choice of country/
- Candidates are required to indicate the country/ university of their choice in order of preference in the application HEC reserves the right to re-allocate the country/ university.
- Obtaining Visa for relevant country shall be the responsibility of the candidate.
- Admission requirements must be met by the applicant according to the university policy
HEC reserves the right to postpone or cancel the scholarship process at any stage.
- Applicants are required to submit only online applications available at HEC website. Hard copies of applications and other documents are not required at this stage.
- Applicants are required to upload and keep the record of original online deposit slip/ ATM transfer slip of Rs. 500/(Non-Refundable) as application processing fee, in favour of Director General Finance. Fee can be deposited at Habib Bank Limited Online Account Number 1742-79001334-01
- Merit list of scholarship will be prepared on the basis of online information/ data provided by the applicants and in case of any error/ omission the offer stands cancelled. Similarly in case of any omission/ misrepresentation by the applicant, HEC will not be responsible and reserves the right to reject the applicant at any stage.
An Aptitude test will be conducted after closing date of online-applications in the relevant categories and discipline mentioned by the applicant. Candidates who will have successfully completed online process will get roll number slips at their provided email and via SMS on given mobile numbers. The roll number slips can also be downloaded from website.
Please note that the candidate may not be necessarily placed in exact Disclaimer: country/ university of his/her choice and HEC’s decision will be final.
HEC Overseas Scholarships Apply online at the following web link:
http://hec.gov.pk/site/hrdiuestp and keep a copy of application form and original deposit slip which will be demanded by HEC after successful passing of test. Muhammad Zeeshan Saleem Project Director (HRDI-UESTPs/UETs) Higher Education Commission Sector H-9, Islamabad Email: email@example.com (PID(I)6567/16)