Applications are invited from candidates having Local/Domicile Certificate of Balochistan Province for award of Indigenous Scholarships for MS/MPhil Leading to PhD and PhD in HEC recognized Universities/Degree Awarding Institutes of Pakistan.
- Applicants must possess Local/Domicile Certificate from Balochistan Province.
- For MS/MPhil leading to PhD, the candidates must have completed 16 years education or equivalent degree (Bachelors/Masters).
- Candidates applying directly for PhD scholarship must have minimum CGPA 3.0, out of 4.0 (in the semester system) or first division (in the annual system) in MS/MPhil equivalent degree.
- A minimum of 450/0 marks will be allowed while No 3rd Division in Degree/Certificate in entire academic career is acceptable.
- Candidates must have secured at least 50 Marks (Accumulative Test Score) in Scholarship Assessment Test arranged by HEC.
- At least two Certificates/Degrees must have been studied in and obtained from HEC recognized Universities/DAIs located in Balochistan province.
- For Medical Disciplines, applicant must provide the valid Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) registration certificate.
- For Engineering Disciplines, applicant must provide the valid Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) registration certificate.
Maximum age as on Closing Date i.e. January 13th, 2016.
- 40 years for full-time regular faculty members of public sector universities/colleges and employees of public sector R&D organizations.
- 35 years age for those who have MS/MPhil (18 years) degree and applying for PhD programme.
- 30 years age for those who have MA/MSc/Bachelor (16 years) degree and applying for MS/MPhil leading to PhD.
- Scholarships will be awarded on merit and District Quota.
- Government employees should apply through proper channel.
- Scholarships will be offered to those candidates who subsequently secure their admission in
- MS/MPhil/PhD fulfilling HEC Quality criteria for MS/MPhil/PhD level studies. (In case of failure HEC reserves the right to withdraw/cancel scholarship).
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of Test score and Academic credentials scores. Awardees will also have to execute a bond with the HEC to serve preferably in (Public sector Universities/ Affiliated Colleges/Colleges) of Balochistan Province for a minimum of five years after completion of their study.
- Candidates already enrolled in PhD or having MS/MPhil degree (18 years education) will be preferred. For further details, please visit www.hec.gov.pk/ahbp
Documents required with Application Form:
The following documents are required to be submitted along with the application form, available at www.hec.gov.pk/ahbp
Application forms will also be available at all Public Sector Universities of Balochistan.
- a) Attested Photocopies of all educational testimonials.
- b) Attested Photocopy of CNIC and Domicile/Local Certificate (Mandatory).
- c) Two Passport size photographs.
- d) CV/Resume.
- e) Copy of PEC Registration for Engineering discipline (if applicable).
- f) Copy of PMDC Registration for Medical discipline (if applicable).
- g) In-Service (only for Government employees) candidates need to apply through proper channel with assurance from their employer that if scholarship is awarded, they will be released immediately and after completion of the studies, they will serve at Parent Department/Universities/Colleges. Advance copies will be accepted, however NOC from the organization must be provided before January 13, 2016.
- h) Original deposit slip/Bank Draft/Pay order/ATM Transfer Slip of Rs.500/- (Non-refundable) as application processing fee in favour of Director General Finance, HEC. Fee can be deposited at Habib Bank limited, in Account Number 1742-79001334-01
HEC reserves the right to postpone or cancel the scholarship process at any stage without assigning any reason.
Last date of receipt of applications:
- Application form completed in all respects should reach the undersigned latest by January 13, 2016 through registered mail or courier service at the address appended below.
- By hand/incomplete (in any respect) application received after due date will not be entertained.
Note: For any assistance please visit HEC Regional Center, Quetta
Dara Shikoh Dy. Project Director
Room No. 06, Ground Floor, HRD Division, Higher Education Commission, H-9, Islamabad. Tel: +92-51-90408062 Email: email@example.com
Reference: Ad image Published in Dawn Newspaper 13-12-2015
- scholarships for balochistan students 2016