HEC Commonwealth Scholarships for PhD & Medical Fellowship Apply Online in Tenable in the United Kingdom 2017 September 2016.
Apply Online at: eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa
HEC invites applications for PhD scholarships from Pakistan / AJ&K teaching faculty working on full time university teaching posts possessing postgraduate qualification (18 years Master degree with no 3s Division) under the Commonwealth Scholarships, United Kingdom. PhD scholarships are offered for all disciplines preferably Education, Health, Economic Growth & the Private Sector, Climate & Environment, Water & Sanitation, Food & Nutrition and Humanitarian Disasters & Emergencies, commencing from October 2017. All awards will be made on the basis of the academic merit, quality of the study plan, potential impact of the work on the development of Pakistan and the Federal Government Quota Policy.
The scholarships are also available for Medical Fellowships for graduate medical doctors qualified as Doctor before October 1, 2002 or between October 1, 2007 and September 30, 2010 and for Split PhD scholarships to apply online directly to the CSC-UK website at: http://bit.ly/cscuk-split-site-scholarships. Detailed information is accessible on HEC website: hec.gov pk/site/loa; and CSC-UK website: http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/scholarships-developing-cw/
How to apply:
The eligible applicants for PhD and Medical Fellowships may apply through HEC as under:
- Apply online at HEC website: eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa after registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in left hand side panel of the online portal. After submission of the application, get its printed copy to be signed & stamped by employer, the Head of Institute / Vice Chancellor. Attach deposit slip of Rs. 1000/- (original) through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, and Islamabad (no other documents to be attached with HEC application form accepts a deposit slips).
- Fill online form for PhD through Electronic Application System (EAS): http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/eas/applicants/scholarships and Medical Fellowships through EAS: httn://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/meclical-fellowships selecting HEC as nominating agency. After online submission, get printout of this online application form (duly filled in and to be signed by the Head/Vice Chancellor of University / Medical College / Hospital) All the applications for PhD and Medical Fellowships without submitting EAS Application form and online HEC form will not be entertained.
iii. Make three sets of printed EAS application form (one original and 02 photocopies) along-with hard copy of a research proposal in spiral binding (03 sets of application one each in a separate spiral binding) and one set of HEC form with deposit slip attached separately.
- HEC will conduct interviews of initially shortlisted candidates through a panel of experts at HEC.
- The recommendation of nominating agency, HEC, will be final and binding, however, final selection regarding award of scholarship will be decided by CSC-UK from HEC nomination list.
- Commonwealth UK does not accept direct applications. All nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC. HEC endorses equal opportunity; however, females will be encouraged to apply. The deadline for submission of above requisite documents along with application forms duly filled in and signed by employer is November 15. 2016 on the address given below.
Last Date to Apply: 15-11-2016.